Current user rating: 91/100 (138 votes)
Mei has been in love with Yuya all her life. They've grown up together. But when they reach their second year of middle school, Yuya suddenly professes his love for her older sister, Haruna.
Struggling to rebound from her decade-long crush, Mei finds comfort in the close camaraderie of her school friends, Taka, Mia, Yuri, Natsu, Mitsu and Sara and then meets a reticent and gentle-natured boy named Atsushi. The two begin to realize that they share many things in common that seem to transcend mere coincidence: the same birthday (February 29th, 1992) and a previous encounter when they were both 8. Feeling a bond of fate, they grow closer.
But destiny can have a dark side to it, too, and a shocking revelation from both of their pasts compels Atsushi to pull away from Mei. The devastating separation then unleashes a wave of misfortune upon Mei: the death of a loved one, drug addiction and domestic violence. As circumstances seek to take control of her life, Mei struggles to maintain her faith in the tenuous thread of destiny that will reunite her with her true love.
- Based on the hit mobile novel "Akai Ito" written by Mei.
- "Akai Ito" refers to the East Asian belief of the red string of fate. Originating from Chinese legend, "the red string of fate" myth states that the gods tie an invisible string around the ankles of men and women who are destined to be soul mates and will one day marry each other.
- The movie "Threads Of Destiny " (Akai Ito), produced by Shochiku, was released on December 20, 2008 in Japan, while Fuji TV aired the television version, Akai Ito on December 6th, 2008.
- The movie and television versions both feature the same staff and cast and also carry storylines that are closely connected.
- Related titles:
- Akai Ito (Fuji TV / 2008)
Additional Cast Members:
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers