Current user rating: 89/100 (126 votes)
- Movie: The Lion Standing in the Wind
- Romaji: Kaze ni Tatsu Lion
- Japanese: 風に立つライオン
- Director: Takashi Miike
- Writer: Masashi Sada (novel), Hiroshi Saito
- Producer: Naoto Fujimura, Shigeji Maeda, Misako Saka
- Cinematographer: Nobuyasu Kita
- Release Date: March 14, 2015
- Runtime: 139 min.
- Genre: Drama
- Distributor: Toho
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
Koichiro Shimada (Takao Osawa) is sent to a research facility in Kenya, Africa by a teaching hospital in Japan. He encounters a desperate situation and decides to work there as a doctor, treating patients hurt in battles. He struggles with nurses and colleagues at the hospital. Koichiro Shimada then encounters a boy soldier severely wounded mentally. This changes Koichiro Shimada’s fate.
- Filming began mid-October, 2014 in Nagasaki, Japan and also took place in Kenya, Africa during the middle of November, 2014. Filming in Kenya takes place for 1 month.
- Based on the novel "Kaze ni Tatsu Lion" by singer, composer, novelist & actor Masashi Sada (published July 18, 2013 by Gentosha Inc.). The novel itself is based off the song "Kaze ni Tatsu Lion" by Masashi Sada (released in 1987). Masashi Sada's song "Kaze ni Tatsu Lion" was inspired by Dr. Koichiro Shibata who volunteered for medical service activity in Kenya, Africa.
Additional Cast Members:
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers