Current user rating: 95/100 (113 votes)
- Movie: K-20: Legend of the Mask / K-20: The Fiend With Twenty Faces
- Romaji: K-20: Kaijin niju menso den
- Japanese: K-20 怪人二十面相・伝
- Director: Shimako Sato
- Writer: So Kitamura (Novel), Shimako Sato
- Producer: Shuji Abe, Seiji Okuda
- Release Date: December 20, 2008
- Runtime: 137 min.
- Genre: Action / Adventure / Mystery
- Movie Studio: Toho, NTV
- Distributor: Toho
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
Story takes place in the 1940’s, in a fictional Japan, where the country is dominated by the upper class and the country suffers from a huge income disparity between the rich and poor. During this time, an evil masked villain named “K-20” roams around Japan stealing priceless artifacts. Always on the trail of K-20 is his arch nemesis Akechi (Toru Nakamura) – a suave detective. When Akechi announces his engagement to the rich heiress Yoko Hashiba (Takako Matsu), K-20 warns Akechi to call off the wedding or he’ll be there to make his biggest heist yet.
Meanwhile a good natured circus performer named Keikichi Endo (Takeshi Kaneshiro) is hired by a mysterious figure to snap photos of Akechi and Yoko’s wedding. Keikichi is unaware that his employer is in fact the evil K-20 and he’s being set up to be his fall guy …
- Based on Edogawa Rampo's "Kogoro Akechi" detective novels, but re-written by Shimako Sato. Time setting has shifted from the early 1900's to 1949, while the primary location has changed from Tokyo to the fictional city of Teito.
- Related titles:
- Kogoro Akechi vs. The Fiend with Twenty Faces | Akechi Kogoro Tai Kaijin Niju Menso (TBS / 2002)
Additional Cast Members:
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers