Current user rating: 91/100 (18 votes)
- Movie: Girls in the Dark (literal title)
- Romaji: Ankoku Joshi
- Japanese: 暗黒女子
- Director: Saiji Yakumo
- Writer: Rikako Akiyoshi (novel), Mari Okada
- Producer: Hitoshi Matsumoto, Naomi Akashi
- Cinematographer: Koichi Nakayama
- Release Date: April 1, 2017
- Runtime: 105 min.
- Distributor: Toei, Showgate
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
One day, Itsumi Shiraishi (Marie Iitoyo) dies at Seibo Maria Girls High School. She falls off from the rooftop of a school building. Itsumi is the daughter of the administrator at the school and she was envied by all the other students there. Did Itsumi kill herself or was she killed accidentally or intentionally? At the time of her death, she held a lily of the valley flower in her hand. A rumor spreads that somebody in the literature club killed Itsumi. Itsumi was the president of the literature club. A friend of Itsumi, Sayuri (Fumika Shimizu), is now the president and she holds a regular club meeting, reading stories written by members. The theme of the meeting is “Itsumi Shiraishi’s death”.
- Based on the novel "Ankoku Joshi" by Rikako Akiyoshi (published from December, 2012 to March, 2013 in monthly novel magazine Shosetsu Suiri).
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers