Current user rating: 94/100 (401 votes)
- Movie: Drop
- Romaji: Doropu
- Japanese: ドロップ
- Director: Hiroshi Shinagawa
- Writer: Hiroshi Shinagawa
- Producer: Taiichi Inoue
- Cinematographer: Masayuki Fujii
- Release Date: March 20, 2009
- Runtime: 122 min.
- Genre: Action / Coming of Age / Based on True Story
- Production Company: Kadokawa Pictures
- Distributor: Kadokawa Pictures
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
"Drop" tells the story of a boy named Shinanogawa Hiroshi (Hiroki Narimiya) , who grew up in the 1980s. He became inspired by the Be-Bop High School manga and decided to become a delinquent. Hiroshi dropped out of a private middle school and transferred to a public school. With his hair in a very shot hairstyle dyed to red, he attracts the attention of the schools gang lead by Iguchi Tatsuya (Hiro Mizushima). After a fight with Tatsuya, Hiroshi ends up joining their delinquent gang. What follows is the story of friendship and making the right choices.
- First film directed by actor Hiroshi Shinagawa.
- The story is a loose autobiographical tale written by Hiroshi Shinagawa.
- Hiroshi Shinagawa's original novel was published in 2006.
|Hiroki Narimiya||Hiro Mizushima||Yuika Motokariya||Yusuke Kamiji||Noriko Nakagoshi|
|Hiroshi Shinanogawa||Tatsuya Iguchi||Miyuki||Hideo Kimura||Yuka Shinanogawa|
Additional Cast Members:
- Kazuki Namioka - Takashi Moriki
- Masaki Sumitani - Kojiro Kato
- Yuji Ayabe - Yutaka Anzo
- Daisuke Miyagawa - Ono
- Kenichi Endo - Tatsuya's father
- Maki Sakai - Teacher
- Sho Aikawa - detective
- Junichi Komoto - delivery man
- Toru Masuoka - doctor
- Mitsumi Hiromura
- 2009 (1st) Okinawa International Movie Festival - March 19th-22nd - Yoshimoto Special Presentation (World Premiere)
- 2009 (11th) Udine Far East Film - April 24th-May 2nd (European Premiere)