Current user rating: 97/100 (72 votes)
- Movie: Criminal for the Prosecution (literal title)
- Romaji: Kensatsugawa no zainin
- Japanese: 検察側の罪人
- Director: Masato Harada
- Writer: Shusuke Shizukui (novel)
- Release Date: 2018
- Distributor: Toho
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
Young Public Prosecutor Keiichiro Okino (Kazunari Ninomiya) is assigned to the department of Tokyo Public Prosecutors Office which deals with violent cases. He is
thrilled to work with Takeshi Mogami (Takuya Kimura) whom he admires. One day, an elderly money lender is killed and Shigeo Matsukura is identified as a suspect. He borrowed money from the victim. In his past, Shigeo Matsukura testified in a female middle school murder case. Takeshi Mogami is aware of the heavy grief carried by the deceased girl's family and he tries his best to prove Shigeo Matsukura's guilt.
- Based on the novel "Kensatsugawa no Zainin" by Shusuke Shizukui (published September, 2013 by Bungeishunju).
- First time Takuya Kimura and Kazunari Ninomiya have acted together.
- Filming began July 12, 2017 and finishes in early September, 2017.
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers