Current user rating: 71/100 (12 votes)
- Movie: Beautiful Days
- Revised romanization: Byootipool Deizu
- Hangul: 뷰티풀 데이즈
- Director: Jero Yun
- Writer: Jero Yun
- Producer: Kim Sun-Nyeon, Kim Hyeon-Woo
- Cinematographer: Kim Jong-Sun
- World Premiere: October 4, 2018 (Busan IFF)
- Release Date: November 21, 2018
- Runtime: 104 min.
- Genre: Drama / Mother & Son / North Korea
- Distributor: Contents Panda, Smile Entertainment
- Language: Korean
- Country: South Korea
Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki Staff ©
A female North Korean defector leaves her ethnic Korean husband and son behind in China and flees to South Korea. 14 years later, she meets her son again. Her son holds a deep hatred for her.
Zhen Chen (Jang Dong-Yoon) lives in China. His father (Oh Gwang-Rok) is an ethnic Korean living in China. His father wants to meet his ex-wife (Lee Na-Young) before he dies. Zhen Chen travels to South Korea to meet his mother and sees her for the first time in 14 years. He is disappointed by what he finds. His mother works in a bar and lives with a scoundrel type of guy. He returns to China hurt and disappointed with his mother. Through a notebook that she gave him, Zhen Chen learns about her tragic life.
- Movie is based on a true story.
- Filming began October 31, 2017 and finished November 26, 2017.
- "Beautiful Days" has been selected as the opening film of the 23rd Busan International Film Festival.
Additional Cast Members:
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers