Current user rating: 88/100 (81 votes)
- Movie: 4bia / Phobia
- Thai: สี่แพร่ง (See Praeng)
- Director: Banjong Pisanthanakun, Paween Purikitpanya, Youngyooth Thongkonthun, Parkpoom Wongpoom
- Writer: Banjong Pisanthanakun, Paween Purikitpanya, Youngyooth Thongkonthun, Parkpoom Wongpoom
- Producer: Jira Maligool
- Release Date: April 28, 2008
- Language: Thai
- Country: Thailand
- "4bia" is an anthology horror film from GTH studios, featuring four top Thai directors.
- While the four stories appear to be separated, the chronology of the events are: a) Story 3 (In the Middle). One of the teenagers' name is Ter. b) Story 4 (Last Flight). Ter is mentioned as the brother of Pim's colleague and fellow stewardess, Tui (not seen in film) who could not accompany the flight as her brother had drowned. c) Story 1 (Happiness). The girl with the broken leg is seen reading the online news about the Princess's son's death. The princess was there for the funeral. d) Story 2 (Tit for Tat). The image of the curse is the image of the girl with the broken leg who had died with her eyes open.
- Related titles:
- Phobia 2 | 5 Phrang (2009)
- Plot: "Loneliness" can really influence someone into doing stupid things. This women is unemployed broken-hearted and desperate for companionship. So when she receives an anonymous SMS from a possible male suitor she doesn't think twice being that "life can't get any worse." But life can get much worse when she encounters something she will regret for the rest of her life.
Tit for Tat
- Plot: What kind of terrible things could happen if a group of youths stumbled a cursed Manuscript? A foolish teenage gang get into trouble resulting in expulsion from school. What they don't realize is that their careless and carefree ways have earned them a diploma of death when one of their victims decides to take revenge by putting a curse on what looks like ordinary pieces of paper. By the time they come to the dreadful realization that the paper is cursed...Its Too Late!
In The Middle
- Director: Banjong Pisanthanakun
- Screenplay: Banjong Pisanthanakun
- Plot: 4 best friends go camping in the middle of the jungle, sharing ghost stories along the way. Later at night they argue over who gets to sleep in the middle of the tent. They have scared one another into believing that a ghost will haunt whoever sleeps on the end. One of the boys foolishly swears, "If I die, I'll come back and haunt who ever sleeps in the middle first". He drowns 20 hours later while water rafting. The night before their final trek out of the jungle the remaining 3 friends have trouble sleeping being that nobody dares to sleep in the middle of the tent. Before the break of dawn, they are startled by the sounds of footsteps walking towards them!
- Plot: Pim is a flight attendant assigned to fly solo on a charter flight with the Princess of Khurkistan. What was supposed to be an ordinary flight turns into something tragically more turbulent when the princess dies due to an allergic reaction to something she ate. The royal house of Khurkistan requests that her body be sent back immediately for royal cremation. The airline reschedules Pim to be on duty on what is known in the flying industry as a quick turn flight. Now Pin must endure the passenger less flight alone with the dead body of the princess. But is she really alone?
Other Cast Members
- Vittawats Sigklumpong - Deaw
- Apinya Sakuljaroensuk - Pink
- Nuttapong Chatpong - Ter
- Kantapat Permpoonpatcharasuk - A
- 2009 (38th) International Film Festival Rotterdam - January 21st-February 1st - Signals: Hungry Ghosts (European Premiere)
- 2009 (11th) Udine Far East Film - April 24th-May 2nd (Italian Premiere)
- Black Dragon Audience Award 2nd Place - 2009 (11th) Udine Far East Film - April 24th-May 2nd