Current user rating: 81/100 (35 votes)
- Movie: The Weird Missing Case of Mr. J
- Revised Romanization: Jeong Seung Pil Siljong Sageon
- Hangul: 정승필 실종사건
- Director: Kang Seok-Beom
- Writer: Seo Jin-Won
- Producer: Lee Dong-Kwon, Jung Yong-Il, Seo Il-Sik
- Cinematographer: Kim Woo-Jae
- World Premiere: September 1, 2009 (Chungmuro Int. Film Festival in Seoul)
- Release Date: October 8, 2009
- Runtime : 100 min.
- Country: South Korea
- Language: Korean
"The Weird Missing Case of Mr. J" is a detective-comedy centered around fund manager Jeong Seung-Pil (Lee Beom-Soo). Jeong Seung-Pil manages some 50 billion wons in assets and suddenly disappears one day. His fiance Mi-seon (Kim Gyu-Ri) reports Seung-pil missing to the police. An overly aggressive detective named Inspector Kim (Son Chang-Min) then suspects Mi-seon (Kim Gyu-Ri) as the likely suspect - she took out an insurance policy on Jeong Seung-Pil just the week before he went missing. Meanwhile, the disappearance of Seung-pil becomes a hot topic on national television ...
- Early working title for the film was "They're Coming" or "Keudeli Eunda" ("그들이 온다"). The Korean title "정승필 실종사건" means literally "Where Is Jung Seung-Phil?"
- Late actress "Jang Ja-Yeon" has a brief cameo scene as a yoga instructor.
- "The Weird Missing Case of Mr. J" had its world premiere as the closing film for the 3rd annual Chungmuro International Film Festival in Seoul (CHIFFS) on September 1st, 2009.
- Movie opened #3 at the South Korean box office, selling 148,188 tickets on 293 screens & accounting for 14% of all tickets sold during its opening Oct. 9th-11th weekend.
- Through its theatrical run "Where Is Jung Seung-Phil?" sold a total of 322,976 tickets and stayed in the weekend top ten for 2 consectutive weeks.
Additional Cast Members:
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers