Current user rating: 81/100 (2096 votes)
- Movie: Mr. Idol
- Revised romanization: Mr Ahidol
- Hangul: Mr. 아이돌
- Director: Ra Hee-Chan
- Writer: Lee Gyu-Bok, Ra Hee-Chan
- Producer: Kim Sung-Chul
- Cinematographer: Park Yong-Soo
- Release Date: November 3, 2011
- Runtime: 114 min.
- Genre: Drama / Music
- Distributor: Synergy
- Language: Korean
- Country: South Korea
Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki Staff ©
Music executive Goo-Joo (Park Ye-Jin) left South Korea 3 years ago after the death of vocalist for idol band Mr. Children. She now returns to South Korea. At the airport her suitcase is lost. Goo-Joo's suitcase is mistakenly taken by travel guide assistant Yoo-Jin (Ji Hyun-Woo).
Goo-Joo is offered a job by Hee-Moon (Kim Soo-Ro) who runs top talent agency Star Music. She turns the offer down and instead seeks out the remaining members of Mr. Children to reform the group. Hyun-Yi, Jio and Ricky all gather together again but they need a lead singer. Goo-Joo decides to hold an open audition to find the next vocalist for Mr. Children.
Meanwhile, Goo-Joo calls her cellphone, which was in her suitcase, and talks with travel guide assistant Yoo-Jin. They make an arrangement so Goo-Joo can pick up her suitcase and phone. In the past, Yoo-Jin trained with a band for talent agency Star Music, but the group was kicked out from Star Music. He now works several part-time jobs and at night plays with an indie band in a bar. One day, the owner of the bar asks the band to take part in the audition held by Goo-Joo.
At the audition Yoo-Jin and Goo-Joo are both surprised to see each other again. Yoo-Jin's band performs, but Goo-Joo asks to hear just Yoo-Jin. He refuses to perform alone and leaves the audition with his band. Later that day Yoo-Jin's band, seeing no hope for their careers, decides to disband. Music executive Goo-Joo still hasn't given up hope on Yoo-Jin and follows him around daily, hoping to persuade him to front Mr. Children ....
- Early Korean working title was "Happy Together" (해피투게더).
- "Mr Idol" began filming February 28th, 2011. The first shooting scene took place around Hongik University in Seoul, South Korea.
- Filming finished on June 9th, 2011. The last shooting scene took place on the Han River Bridge. The last scene shot involved Yoo-Jin (Ji Hyun-Woo) carrying a drunken Goo-Joo (Park Ye-Jin) on his back.
Additional Cast Members:
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers