Current user rating: 94/100 (107 votes)
- Movie: Don't Cry, Mr. Ogre (English title)
- Romaji: Nakuna Akaoni
- Japanese: 泣くな赤鬼
- Director: Atsushi Kaneshige
- Writer: Kiyoshi Shigematsu (short story), Atsushi Kaneshige
- Producer: Kazunari Hashiguchi, Shingo Sekine, Shinichirou Toujima
- Cinematographer: Mitsuyoshi Kogo
- Release Date: June 14, 2019
- Runtime: 111 min.
- Distributor: Kadokawa Pictures
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki Staff ©
Takashi Obuchi (Shinichi Tsutsumi) was once a high school baseball coach. He was called "Red Demon Teacher" because of his tan red face and energetic instructions. He is now a tired, middle-aged man.
One day, Takashi Obuchi meets his Tomoyuki Saito (Yuya Yagira). Tomoyuki Saito played on Takashi Obuchi's high school baseball team. He was talented, but did not have patience and eventually dropped out of school. Tomoyuki Saito is now a responsible adult and married to Yukino (Rina Kawaei). Takashi Obuchi learns that his former student only has only 6 months left to live due to having terminal cancer. Takashi Obuchi regrets that he was so strict to his students. He plans something for Tomoyuki Saito.
- Based on short story "Nakuna Akaoni" from short story collection "Sensei" by Kiyoshi Shigematsu (published June 26, 2011 by Shinchosha).
- Filming begins early August, 2018 in Takasaki, Gunma Prefecture, Japan.
- Movie's theme song is “Oi! Oi!!” by singer-actor Pistol Takehara. Theme song appears in the teaser trailer for the movie.
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers