Current user rating: 87/100 (3373 votes)
- Drama: My Mister (English & literal title)
- Revised romanization: Naui Ajusshi
- Hangul: 나의 아저씨
- Director: Kim Won-Suk
- Writer: Park Hae-Young
- Network: tvN
- Episodes: 16
- Release Date: March 21 - May 17, 2018
- Runtime: Wed. & Thu. 21:30
- Language: Korean
- Country: South Korea
Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki Staff ©
A man (Lee Sun-Kyun) in his 40's withstands the weight of life. A woman (IU) in her 20's goes through difficult experiences, but also withstands the weight of her life. The man and woman get together to help each other.
Dong-Hoon (Lee Sun-Kyun) is married to Yoon-Hee (Lee Ji-Ah). His wife is secretly having an affair with a senior executive at the construction company where he works. Yoon-Hee wants to divorce Dong-Hoon and marry the executive, Joon-Young (Kim Young-Min). Dong-Hoon also has two brothers who live with his mother. The oldest brother, Sang-Hoon (Park Ho-San), doesn't have a job and he is separated from his wife. Gi-Hoon (Song Sae-Byeok) is the youngest brother and he wants to become a movie director.
Meanwhile, Ji-An (IU) lives in a difficult situation. She supports her grandmother who is unable to move by herself. Ji-An is also in heavy debt and is harassed by loan shark Gwang-Il (Chang Ki-Yong). She works as a temp employee at the same construction company as Dong-Hoon. One day, she sees Dong-Hoon receive 50 million won ($50,000 USD) of gift certificates. She goes back to the office late at night and takes the gift certificates from Dong-Hoon's desk. She tries to pay off her debts with the gift certificates, but her plan doesn't work out.
Ji-An learns that Joon-Young, the company Vice President, is having an affair with Dong-Hoon's wife. She goes to Joon-Young and offers to make Dong-Hoon leave the company if he will pay her.
- "My Mister" takes over the tvN Wed. & Thu. 21:30 time slot previously occupied by "Mother" and followed by "What's Wrong With Secretary Kim" on June 6, 2018.
- First script reading took place December 18, 2017 in Sangamdong, Seoul, South Korea.
- Na Moon-Hee was originally cast to play supporting character Byeon Yo-Soon, but she had to drop out due to scheduling issues. Ko Du-Shim was then cast to play Byeon Yo-Soon.
- Oh Dal-Su was originally cast to play supporting character Park Sang-Hoon. He dropped out of the drama series on on February 27, 2018 due to sexual harassment/assault claims from his past. Park Ho-San was then cast to play Park Sang-Hoon.
- Ep.1 will run for 90 minutes (20 minutes longer than other episodes).
- Ep. 13 and 14 of tvN drama series "My Mister" will air one week later than originally scheduled. Ep.13 and 14 will now air on May 9th and 10th to allow more time for staff and performers to film their scenes.
Additional Cast Members:
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers