Current user rating: 96/100 (1093 votes)
Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki Staff ©
Set in a parallel universe around the Edo period.
Alien species Amanto attack planet Earth. The people on Earth fight back against the aliens for more than 10 years. The Shogunate sees the power of Amanto and decide accept their conquest. The Shogunate builds a puppet government for Amanto and carry out the Sword Abolishment Edict. Due to these actions, samurai, that fought against the Amanto for their country and their lord, fall into a decline.
Gintoki Sakata (Shun Oguri) is a samurai and happens to meet people. He has an extraordinary experience.
- Based on manga series "Gintama" by Hideaki Sorachi (first published December 8, 2003 in manga magazine Weekly Shonen Jump).
- Filming begins in July, 2016.
- Shun Oguri cast in live-action film “Gintama.”
- Supporting cast announced for live-action film “Gintama.”
- Tsuyoshi Domoto cast in live-action film “Gintama.”
- Character visuals for live-action film “Gintama.”
- Masaki Okada as Kotaro Katsura character visual.
- Masami Nagasawa and Tsuyoshi Muro character visuals for live-action film “Gintama.”
- Yuya Yagira, Kankuro Nakamura and Ryo Yoshizawa character visuals for live-action film “Gintama.”
- Related titles:
- Gintama (2017)
- Gintama: Mitsuba hen (dTV / 2017)
- Gintama 2 | Gintama 2: Okite wa Yaburu Tame ni soko Aru (2018)
Additional Cast Members:
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers