Current user rating: 87/100 (19 votes)
- Movie: Café Funiculi Funicula (English title) / Before the Coffee Gets Cold (literal title)
- Romaji: Kohi ga Samenai Uchi ni
- Japanese: コーヒーが冷めないうちに
- Director: Ayuko Tsukahara
- Writer: Toshikazu Kawaguchi (novel), Satoko Okudera
- Release Date: September 21, 2018
- Distributor: Toho
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki Staff ©
Kazu Tokita (Kasumi Arimura) works at cafe “Funiculi Funicula,” which her relative Nagare Tokita (Motoki Fukami) runs. Their is a mysterious rumor that if a customer takes a specific seat at the cafe, that customer can travel back to a time of their choice. The specific rules for going back into the past are: 1. you can't meet people who did not visit the cafe 2. if you do something different in the past, it won't change the present 3. only one seat in the cafe is able to take someone into the past and if the seat is occupied, you have to wait until that customer leaves 4. when you go back to the past, you stay in the seat 5. the time you can stay in the past is from pouring the coffee into the cup until the coffee gets cold and you have to finish the coffee before it gets cold.
4 miracles take place at the cafe.
- Based on the novel "Coffee ga Samenai Uchi ni" by Toshikazu Kawaguchi (published December 5, 2015 by Sunmark Publishing).
- Filming takes place from March 10, 2018 and finishes mid-April, 2018.
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers