Current user rating: 89/100 (121 votes)
- Movie: A Tale Of Samurai Cooking - A True Love Story (English title) / Warrior's Menu (literal title)
- Romaji: Bushi no Kondate
- Japanese: 武士の献立
- Director: Yuzo Asahara
- Assistant Director: Masanori Inoue
- Writer: Michio Kashiwada, Yukiko Yamamuro, Yuzo Asahara
- Producer: Yoshio Ishizuka, Hideaki Miyoshi
- Cinematographer: Yukihiro Okimura
- World Premiere: September 21, 2013 (San Sebastian International Film Festival)
- Release Date: December 14, 2013
- Genre: Drama, Food
- Distributor: Shochiku
- Runtime: 121 min.
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki Staff ©
Set within the Kaga Domain of the Edo Period.
Oharu (Aya Ueto) is an excellent cook and recognized for her skills. Due to her cooking talents, she marries Yasunobu (Kengo Kora), who is an heir in the Funaki family. The Funaki family serves as the cook for the Kaga Domain. Nevertheless, Yasunobu himself is a terrible cook. With the help of Oharu's mother-in-law Mitsuru (Kimiko Yo), she begins to teach Yasunobu how to cook.
- Filming begins March/April, 2013 and finishes June, 2013.
- Related titles:
- Abacus and Sword | Bushi no Kakeibo (2010)
- A Tale Of Samurai Cooking - A True Love Story | Bushi no Kondate (2013)
Additional Cast Members:
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers