Current user rating: 89/100 (984 votes)
Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki Staff ©
26 years ago, state troops were ordered to open fire on civilians in the city of Gwangju who were demonstrating as apart of a democratic movement. Thousands of civilians were killed.
Now, a shooter from the national team, a gang member, a policeman, CEO from a large company and director of a private security outfit get involved in a plan to convict the person responsible for the massacre that occurred during the Gwangju Democratization Movement.
Kwak Jin-Bae (Jin Goo) is a gang member who lost his father in the Gwangju Democratization Movement. He wants to get revenge. Shim Mi-Jin (Han Hye-Jin) is a shooter from the national team. She is the shooter for the covert team. Policeman Kwon Jung-Kyuk (Im Seul-Ong) lost his family in the Gwangju Democratization Movement. He is now responsible for the cars that have access to the ex-president's house.
- Movie is based off the Korean comic "26 Years."
- As of October 8, 2008 "26 Years" has been halted due to financing issues. Since the movie is centered around a sensitive real life situation fanciers have been reluctant to back this project. Chungeorahm Films has committed to financing 50% of the movie, but the filmmakers are now looking for additional funding. Actors have finished the script reading portion of the film making process.
- Original cast members were Kim Ah-Joong, Ryoo Seung-Bum, Jin Goo, Joo Jin-Mo, Han Sang-Jin, Cheon Ho-Jin and Byun Hee-Bong and movie was to be directed Lee Hae-Young.
- As of January 6, 2012 "26 Years" is going back into pre-production phase with Kwon Chil-In selected as the movie's new director.
- March 16, 2012, movie has been again postponed.
- Production has resumed with director Jo Keun-Hyun now directing the film. Filming began July 19, 2012.
- Filming finished October 10, 2012.
Additional Cast Members:
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers