Current user rating: 88/100 (105 votes)
- Movie: 1,778 Stories of Me and My Wife
- Romaji: Boku to tsuma no 1778 no monogatari
- Japanese: 僕と妻の１７７８の物語
- Director: Mamoru Hoshi
- Writer: Taku Mayumura (novel), Ritsuko Hanzawa
- Producer: Chihiro Kameyama, Misato Iijima, Yoshinari Shimatani, Yoshiro Hosono, Keiichi Shigematsu, Yoshihiko Taneda, Yuji Iwata
- Cinematographer: Hisao Asano
- Release Date: January 15, 2011
- Runtime: 139min.
- Genre: Drama / Based on True Story / Illness
- Production Company: Toho
- Distributor: Toho
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
Sci-fi writer Sakutaro (Tsuyoshi Kusanagi) and bank employee Setsuko (Yuko Takeuchi) met at as high school freshmen during their summer vacation. Since that time, the couple has always been together and eventually married.
One day, Setsuko complains of a stomach ache and is hospitalized. Sakutaro then learns that his wife has colon cancer. Sakutaro takes the advice from his doctor that laughter helps the immune system and proceeds to write a short story for his wife every day. At first, Setsuko was expected to live for only 1 more year, but she lived for 5 more years and Sakutaro eventually wrote 1,778 short stories for his wife.
- Based on the true story of sci-fi writer Taku Mayumura.
Additional Cast Members:
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers