Current user rating: 83/100 (35 votes)
- Movie: Zatoichi
- Romaji: Zatoichi
- Japanese: 座頭市
- Director: Takeshi Kitano
- Writer: Takeshi Kitano, Kan Shimosawa
- Producer: Shinji Komiya, Masayuki Mori, Chieko Saito, Tsunehisa Saito, Masanori Sanada, Takio Yoshida
- Cinematographer: Katsumi Yanagijima
- Release Date: September 2, 2003
- Runtime: 116 Min.
- Distributor: Shochiku
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
19th Century Japan ... Zatoichi is a blind wanderer who makes a living by gambling and giving massages. But
behind his humble facade, Zatoichi is a master swordsman, gifted with lightning-fast draw and strokes of
breathtaking precision. Zatoichi discovers a remote mountain town at the mercy of the Ginzo gang. The ruthless
Ginzo dispose of anyone who gets in their way, quicker than ever since they recruited mighty samurai ronin
Hattori. In a gambling joint, Zatoichi and trustworthy young friend Shinkichi meet up with a couple of geishas. As
dangerous as they are beautiful, Okinu and her sister Osei have come to town to avenge their parents' murder. With
their only clue being the mysterious name Kuchinawa, the geisha sisters have lots of tricks up their sleeves.
Sinister henchmen are soon hunting down Zatoichi. With his legendary cane sword at his side, Zatoichi's path is
destined for many violent showdowns...
The media player is loading...
- 2004 (27th) Japan Academy Prize - February 20, 2004
- "Outstanding Achievement in Music" (Keiichi Suzuki)
- "Outstanding Achievement in Cinematography" (Katsumi Yanagijima)
- "Outstanding Achievement in Lighting Direction" (Hitoshi Takaya)
- "Outstanding Achievement in Sound Recording" (Senji Horiuchi)
- "Outstanding Achievement in Film Editing" (Takeshi Kitano, Yoshinori Ota)
- 2003 (46th) Blue Ribbon Awards - February 6, 2004
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers