Current user rating: 79/100 (99 votes)
- Movie: Yoga (English title) / Yoga Institute (literal title)
- Revised romanization: Yoga Hakwon
- Hangul: 요가학원
- Director: Yun Jae-Yeon
- Writer: Yun Jae-Yeon
- Producer: Lee Tae-Hun, Shim Bo-Kyoung, Lee Eugene
- Cinematographer: Sung Seung-Taek
- Release Date: August 20, 2009
- Genre: Horror / Women
- Production Company: Opus Pictures
- Distributor: Sidus Pictures
- Runtime: 98 min.
- Language: Korean
- Country: South Korea
Once taken her job because of her appearance, a confident and enthusiastic woman, Hyo-Jung (Eugene) visits a mysterious yoga institute run by an ex-actress where her radically changed friend told her to go. At the intensive 7 day training course, a young yoga master, Nani (Cha Su-Yeon) explains to Hyo-jung and four other girls that only one person who masters the course most successfully can get the secret of ultimate and immortal beauty.
There are five rules for them to follow during the one week course:
- No contact with the outside world.
- No unauthorized consumption of food.
- No showers or baths within one hour after training sessions.
- No mirrors.
- No disclosure of the events within this academy to the outside world.
As the training goes on, girls get tempted to break the rules and Hyo-jung starts to sense there is something strange about this institute and an actress who doesn’t get old...
- Filming started April 12th, 2009.
- For two months prior to filming, all seven main actresses took three hours of intensive yoga training each day and night. Actress Eugene was the only participant already familiar with yoga.
- Lee Young-Jin makes her first appearance in a horror film since the 1999 film Memento Mori.
- "Yoga" opened at the #5 spot during opening weekend, selling 110,328 tickets on 321 and accounting for 5.7% of all tickets sold that weekend.
- During its brief tenure at the box office, "Yoga" sold a total of 270,822 tickets and stayed in the top ten for two weeks.
Additional Cast Members:
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers