Current user rating: 78/100 (3 votes)
- Movie: The Phone of The Wind (English title) / Wind's Telephone (literal title)
- Romaji: Kaze no Denwa
- Japanese: 風の電話
- Director: Nobuhiro Suwa
- Writer: Kyoko Inukai, Nobuhiro Suwa
- Producer: Eiji Izumi
- Release Date: January 24, 2020
- Runtime: 139 min.
- Distributor: Broadmedia Studios
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki Staff ©
Haru in Hiroshima goes back to her hometown in Iwate Prefecture. She comes upon the "Wind's Telephone." Set in a garden, the "Wind's Telephone" is a white phone booth with a black telephone placed in it. The phone booth is not connected to any telephone lines or wires. People come here to talk to those that passed away or are missing. During Haru's journey, she meets various people.
- Movie is motivated by a true story. In 2011, Itaru Sasaki placed a white telephone booth in a garden and put a black telephone in the booth which is not connected to any wires. He did this because he wanted to talk to his late cousin who passed away in 2010. The black telephone and booth became to be called "Kaze no Denwa" ("Wind's Telephone"). After the 2011 Tohoku earthquake and tsunami, thousands of people have gone there to mourn those that passed away.
- Filming begins April, 2019.
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers