Current user rating: 92/100 (18 votes)
- Movie: Wilderness: Part One (English title) / Ah, Wilderness (literal title)
- Romaji: Aa, Koya
- Japanese: あゝ、荒野
- Director: Yoshiyuki Kishi
- Writer: Shuji Terayama (novel), Takehiko Minato, Yoshiyuki Kishi
- Producer: Akira Ishii, Hiromitsu Sugita, Junko Sato
- Cinematographer: Kozo Natsumi
- Release Date: October 7, 2017
- Runtime: 157 min.
- Genre: Boxing
- Distributor: Star Sands
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
Set in the year 2021 around Shinjuku, Tokyo, when youth unemployment, suicides and a broken social welfare system plague the public.
Shinji (Masaki Suda) is released from a youth detention center. Kenji (Yang Ik-June) suffers from a speech impediment and extreme shyness. They both receive flyers for a new boxing gym. Although both of these men are unfamiliar with the sport, they join the gym for different reasons. Shinji and Kenji become friends while they pursue boxing surrounded by a hopeless environment.
- Based on the novel "Aa, Koya" by Shuji Terayama (published 1966 by Kadokawa Shoten).
- Related titles:
- Wilderness: Part One | Aa, Koya (2017)
- Wilderness: Part Two | Aa, Koya Kohen (2017)
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers