Current user rating: 94/100 (15 votes)
- Movie: Where The Legend Lives
- Romaji: Maboroshi no Yamataikoku
- Japanese: まぼろしの邪馬台国
- Director: Yukihiko Tsutsumi
- Writer: Shizuka Oishi, Kohei Miyazaki
- Producer: Naoya Kinoshita, Riuko Tominaga .
- Cinematographer: Satoru Karasawa
- Release Date: November 1, 2008
- Runtime: 118 min.
- Genere: Drama
- Studio: Toei
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
Kohei Miyazaki (Naoto Takenaka), a former railroad worker, has become obsessed with discovering the ancient country of Yamataikoku. His obsession sprouted from a day when he discovered ancient ceramics while repairing railroad tracks.
Now completely blind, Kohei relies on his wife (Sayuri Yoshinaga) to guide him through the country and read the maps in their pursuit of Yamataikoku.
- Based on the best selling novel by Kohei Miyazaki published in 1967.
- Canadian singer Celine Dion's "A World To Believe In ~Himiko Fantasia~" appears in the movie (revised & sung in Japanese by Celine Dion).
- Yamataikoku was an ancient country in Japan (known then as Wa/Wakoku) during the late Yayoi period. The Queen at the time, Queen Himiko (who was thought to be a shaman), resided in Yamataikoku. The exact location of Yamataikoku is not known and is a hot topic for historians to this day.
Additional Cast Members:
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers