Wanko - The Story of Me, My Family and Rock
Current user rating: 86/100 (20 votes)
- Movie: Wanko - The Story of Me, My Family and Rock
- Romaji: Rock ~Wanko no Shima~
- Japanese: ロック ～わんこの島～
- Director: Isamu Nakae
- Writer: Fumie Mizuhashi, Satoshi Suzuki
- Producer: Chihiro Kameyama, Masahide Takahashi, Morio Amaki, Hirotsugu Usui
- Cinematographer: Hirotsugu Usui
- Release Date: July 23, 2011
- Runtime: 123 min.
- Genre: Animal / Disaster
- Distributor: Toho
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
On the small island of Miyakejima lives the Noyama family. The family runs a running lodging home. Elementary school student Shin Noyama names their new born puppy Rock. Shin absolutely adores Rock. On August, 2000 a devastating volcano erupts on the island. The Noyama family must quickly flee the island and in the process learns that Rock has gone missing.
The Noyama family begins life anew in the city of Tokyo, but yearn for their home on Miyakejima. Hoping that Rock is still alive, the Noyama family works hard every day.
One fateful day, they are miraculously reunited with Rock at an animal rescue center, but the dog can't live with Noyama in their evacuation home. Meanwhile, Rock becomes weaker by the day. The family has no ida when they can go back to their home on Miyakejima. Under this situation, Shin makes a decision ...
- "Wanko - The Story of Me, My Family and Rock" is based on a true story. The dog's story was first introduced on a morning TV show on Fuji TV.
|Ryuta Sato||Kumiko Aso||Ryunosuke Hashino||Mitsuko Baisho|
|Matsuo Noyama||Takako Noyama||Shin Noyama||Fusako Noyama|
|Yoshinori Okada||Shuuji Kashiwabara||Mieko Harada|
Additional Cast Members:
- Taiki Nakabayashi
- Koki Sahara
- Jiro Sato
- Ken Mitsuishi
- Hitomi Sato
- Hajime Okayama
- Shinsho Nakamaru
- Emi Yokota
- Hajime Aoki