Current user rating: 81/100 (94 votes)
- Movie: Venus Talk (English talk) / The Law of Pleasures (literal title)
- Revised romanization: Gwanneungui Bubchik
- Hangul: 관능의 법칙
- Director: Kwon Chil-In
- Writer: Lee Soo-A
- Producer: Shim Jae-Myung, Lee Eun
- Cinematographer: Lee Hyoung-Duk
- Release Date: February 13, 2014
- Runtime: 108 min.
- Genre: Drama / Comedy / Women
- Production Company: Myung Films
- Distributor: Lotte Entertainment
- Language: Korean
- Country: South Korea
Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki Staff ©
"Venus Talk" follows three female friends who are all in their 40's.
Shin-Hye (Uhm Jung-Hwa) works as a producer for a cable TV station and she is still single. She hears that Director Lee (Choi Moo-Sung) will marry her junior colleague who is only 26-years-old. Shin-Hye gets pissed, because they dated for 6 years and she even supported him before his promotion to a director. Shin-Hye and some of her co-workers meet afterwork for drinks. A loud argument takes place with everybody but Shin-Hye and her younger colleague Hyun-Seung (Lee Jae-Yoon) left to drink alone. They end up spending the night at a motel. Shin-Hye looks back at that night as a one night stand, but Hyun-Seung thinks about it differently.
Mi-Yeon (Moon So-Ri) is a housewife who at first seems content with her life. Before she married Jae-Ho (Lee Sung-Min), she stipulated that they should have sex 3 times a week. Jae-Ho finds it harder and harder to satisfy his wife. One day, Mi-Yeon finds something hidden in Jae-Ho's desk.
Hae-Young (Jo Min-Soo) lives with her twenty-something year old daughter Soo-Jung (Jeon Hye-Jin) and runs a small bakery cafe. She is dating Sung-Jae (Lee Kyoung-Young) who runs a carpentry shop. Hae-Young wants to spend more time with her boyfriend and pushes her daughter to either marry or become more independent. Her daughter refuses because of her poor financial situation. Things change though when her daughter becomes pregnant and marries her boyfriend. Finally, Hae-Young can have some privacy with her boyfriend.
- Filming began July 29, 2013 and finished October 12, 2013 in Yangpyeong, Gyeonggi Province, South Korea.
- Kpop singer BoA makes her movie acting debut in "Venus Talk."
Additional Cast Members:
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers