Current user rating: 80/100 (109 votes)
- Movie: Untold Scandal (English title)
- Revised Romanization: Scandal - Joseon namnyeo sangyeoljisa
- Hangul: 스캔들 - 조선남녀상열지사
- Director: E J-Yong
- Assistant Director: Kim Gwang-Tae
- Writer: Kim Dae-Woo, Kim Hyoun-Jung
- Producer: Lee Kang-Bok, Oh Jung-Wan, Lee Eugene
- Cinematographer: Kim Byung-Il
- Release Date: October 2, 2003
- Runtime : 124 min.
- Genre: Period-18th Century / Romance
- Distributor: CJ Entertainment
- Country: South Korea
- Language: Korean
Set towards the end Chosun Dyansty period, Madam Joh (Lee Mi-Suk) lives as a devoted wife, but secretly she resents the restrictions placed upon her by society. Madam Joh has held many discrete relationships with other men.
Jo-Won (Bae Yong-Joon) is an accomplished scholar and skilled in martial arts. His real passion though is seducing other women. Madam Joh is his first love. Since that time they have engaged in high stake games of seduction and love. They both hide their true feelings for each other.
Madam Joh then sets Jo-Won upon the innocent So-Ok (Lee So-Yeon), who will become her husband's concubine. Meanwhile, Jo-Won's attention falls upon Lady Sue (Jeon Do-Yeon). Lady Sue is a devout Catholic and has remained chaste since her husband's death nine years earlier.
- Based on the 18th century French novel "Les Liaisons dangereuses" by Choderlos de Laclo.
- Related titles:
- Untold Scandal | Scandal - Joseon namnyeo sangyeoljisa (2003)
- Dangerous Liaisons (2012)
- Great Seducer | Widaehan Yoohokja (MBC / 2018)
- "Untold Scandal" premiered on 76 screens and went on to sell 3,522,747 tickets. The film came in as #3 for highest grossing films in 2003.
Additional Cast Members:
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers