Current user rating: 89/100 (100 votes)
- Movie: Undulant Fever (English title) / When I Sense the Sea (literal title)
- Romaji: Umi wo Kanjiru Toki
- Japanese: 海を感じる時
- Director: Hiroshi Ando
- Writer: Kei Nakazawa (novel), Haruhiko Arai
- Producer: Itaru Fujimoto, Keisuke Konishi, Naoya Narita, Youichiro Onishi, Hirofumi Shigemura
- Cinematographer: Kazuhiro Suzuki
- Release Date: September 13, 2014
- Runtime: 118 min.
- Distributor: Phantom Film
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
High school student Emiko (Yui Ichikawa) meets an older student named Yo (Sosuke Ikematsu) in the high school newspaper club. One day, Emiko is kissed by Yo and they have sex impulsively. Since that time, whenever Emiko, who does not know love, sees Yo, she asks him to have sex. As time goes by, Yo movies away to attend college in Tokyo. Meanwhile, Emiko works at a flower shop just because she wants to be close to Yo. Emiko is hurt by Yo's rejection, but whenever she meets him she has sex with him.
- Based on the novel "Umi wo Kanjiru Toki" by Kei Nakazawa (published 1978 by Kodansha Ltd.). Kei Nakazawa was only 18 when her first novel "Umi wo Kanjiru Toki" was published and the novel won the "Gunzo New Writers Prize" that year.
- First time actress Yui Ichikawa has played the lead female role in a movie since 2006 film "Forbidden Siren".
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers