Current user rating: 93/100 (16 votes)
- Movie: Under The Nagasaki Sky (English title) / Ground Zero: Sky of Nagasaki (literal title)
- Romaji: Bakushin: Nagasaki no Sora
- Japanese: 爆心 長崎の空
- Director: Taro Hyugaji
- Writer: Yuichi Seirai (novel), Hirofumi Harada
- Producer: Kei Sawada, Wataru Suzuki
- Cinematographer: Koichi Kawakami
- Release Date: July 13, 2013
- Runtime: 98 minutes
- Genre: Drama / Women
- Distributor: Pal Entertainments Group
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki Staff ©
Shimizu Kadota (Kie Kitano) is in her 3rd year at Nagasaki University. She still lives with her parents and enjoys a relatively happy life. She is a member of an athletic club at school and dating medical school student Kota (Takahiro Hojo). One night, Shimizu has an argument with her mother. Her mother suddenly dies from a heart attack. It happened so quickly, Shimizu is stunned. She then feels heavy guilt over ignoring her mother's phone call.
Meanwhile, Saori Takamori's (Izumi Inamori) only daughter died 1 year ago. She can't get away from the sorrow of her lost. Saori's family has been Catholics for over 300 years. Saori's mother Takie (Junko Miyashita) and her father Ryoichi (Renji Ishibashi) try to overcome the loss of their grandchild as part of God's will. One day, Saori discovers that she is pregnant. She immediately has two thoughts. She's afraid she might lose her child again and she wants to have a child again. Saori's husband Hiroyoshi (Tetta Sugimoto) tries to console her, but she still can't help stop thinking about her lost child.
By chance, Saori and Shimizu meet around a Catholic Church. They learn of the loss in each other's lives and understand what the other person feels. Can they move on?
- Based on the novel "Bakushin" ("Ground Zero") by Yuichi Seirai (published November, 2006 by Bungeishunju Ltd.).
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers