Current user rating: 99/100 (248 votes)
- Movie: The Man from the Sea (English title) / Run Through Sea (literal title)
- Romaji: Umi wo Kakeru
- Japanese: 海を駆ける
- Director: Koji Fukada
- Writer: Koji Fukada
- Producer: Naoko Komuro
- Cinematographer: Akiko Ashizawa
- Release Date: May 26, 2018
- Runtime: 107 min.
- Genre: Fantasy
- Distributor: Tokyo Theatres
- Language: Japanese, Indonesian
- Country: Japan, Indonesia
Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki Staff ©
An Indonesian town by the sea has been ruined by war and tsunami. A man is found on the coast there by Atsuko (Mayu Tsuruta) and her son Takashi (Taiga). They are working in disaster recovery. The man speaks poor Japanese and Indonesian. They name him Rau which means sea in Indonesian and protect him. Soon, Rau is connected with many miraculous cases.
- Filming began August 5, 2017 and takes place completely at Banda Aceh on the island of Sumatra, Indonesia.
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers