Toilet (2010-Japanese Movie)
Current user rating: 82/100 (21 votes)
- Movie: Toilet
- Romaji: Toiretto
- Japanese: トイレット
- Director: Naoko Ogigami
- Writer: Naoko Ogigami
- Producer: Kumi Kobata, Shuichi Komuro, Sean Buckley
- Cinematographer: Michael LeBlanc
- Release Date: August 28, 2010
- Runtime: 109 min.
- Genre: Comedy
- Production Company: Showgate, Suurkiitos, Pony Canyon
- Distributor: Showgate, Suurkiitos
- Language: English, Japanese
- Country: Japan
Ray is a 30 something engineer obsessed with Gundam toys. He has a motto not to become close to anyone. During his mother's funeral he showed no emotions. His life is further turned upside when he is forced to live with his older brother Maury and younger sister Lisa. Older brother Maury was a pianist but is now a recluse. Younger sister Lisa is a college student who tends to look down on those around her. Also in there home is their Japanese grandmother who doesn't speak English at all.
Ray's daily life is at first completely shaken, but soon the siblings and their grandmother form a bond and start to have compassion for one another ...
- Filmed Toronto, Canada during September & October 2009.
- 2010 (15th) Pusan International Film Festival - October 7-15, 2010 - A Window on Asian Cinema *International Premiere
- 2010 (5th) International Rome Film Festival - October 28-November 5, 2010 - Focus
- 2010 (14th) Toronto Reel Asian International Film Festival - November 9-15, 2010
- 2011 (5th) JAPAN CUTS: The New York Festival of Contemporary Japanese Cinema - July 7-22, 2011 *U.S. Premiere