Current user rating: 70/100 (10 votes)
- TV Movie: The Winds of God
- Romaji: Zero no Kanata e - The Winds of God
- Japanese: 零のかなたへ ～THE WINDS OF GOD～
- Director: Shiro Nakayama
- Writer: Masayuki Imai (original story), Masao Yajima
- Producer: Masahiro Mori
- Network: TV Asahi
- Episode: 1
- Release Date: September 10, 2005
- Runtime: 94 min.
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
Two Osaka comedians, Makoto (Tomomitsu Yamaguchi) and Kinta (Go Morita), are riding bicycles in Tokyo when they're hit by a dump truck. They regain consciousness in 1945, but not of their own bodies. Somehow, their souls have been transported into the bodies of two tokkotai (special forces, or "kamikaze") pilots.
Having grown up in a peaceful, carefree Japan, the two comedians experience severe disorientation at having to suddenly deal with the realities of war.
They attempt to escape their squadron, knowing that Japan will eventually lose the war, but are nevertheless moved by the young men they meet, all of whom have very different opinions about their fate and the responsibilities that have been placed upon them.
- Based on a play written by actor Masayuki Imai.
- Other titles based on the same story:
- Winds of God (1995)
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers