Current user rating: 86/100 (100 votes)
- Movie: The Way - Man of the White Porcelain
- Romaji: Michi - Hakuji no Hito
- Japanese: 道 白磁の人
- Director: Banmei Takahashi
- Writer: Emiya Takayuki (novel), Tamio Hayashi
- Producer: Muneyuki Kii, Katsuhiro Ogawa, Hiroshi Nagasaka
- Cinematographer: Na Hisoku
- World Premiere: March 9, 2012 (Osaka Asian Film Festival)
- Release Date: June 9, 2012 (Japan) / July 12, 2012 (South Korea)
- Runtime: 119 min.
- Genre: Drama / Based on True Story
- Distributor: T-Joy
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki Staff ©
In 1914, with Korea under Japanese occupation, a young Japanese man named Takumi Asakawa (Hisashi Yoshizawa) travels to Korea to help make the barren mountains in Korea thick with trees again. Takumi Asakawa meets Korean colleague Chung-Rim (Bae Soo-Bin) while working as a forestry technician. Takumi Asakawa begins to fall in love with the Korean people and its culture, through the help of Chung-Rim. Takumi Asakawa takes it upon himself to learn the Korean language. The friendship between Takumi Asakawa and Chung-Rim strengthens as they work to enlighten the outside world to Korea's culture.
- Based on the true story of Takumi Asakawa - a Japanese man who entered Korea during the country's occupation by Japan. Takumi Asakawa became captivated by Korean culture and championed the value of such items as the traditional white Korean porcelain.
- Filming begins early August, 2011 in Yamanashi Prefecture where Takumi Asakawa was born.
Additional Cast Members:
The media player is loading...
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers