Current user rating: 84/100 (119 votes)
- Movie: The Taste of Money (English title)
- Revised romanization: Donui Mat
- Hangul: 돈의 맛
- Director: Im Sang-Soo
- Writer: Im Sang-Soo
- Producer: Lee Nam-Hee, Seo Jung-Hoon
- Cinematographer: Kim Woo-Hyung
- Release Date: May 17, 2012
- Runtime: 115 min.
- Genre: Drama
- Distributor: Lotte Entertainment
- Language: Korean
- Country: South Korea
"The Taste of Money" deals with the world of the wealthiest of "Chaebul" families and their desires, love, hatred, sex and murder ...
Young-Jak (Kim Kang-Woo) has worked for CEO Yoon (Baek Yoon-Sik) for the past 10 years. He graduated from a prestigious university, but beckons at the call of CEO Yoon everyday.
CEO Yoon is married to Baek Geum-Ok (Youn Yuh-Jung), the daughter of the wealthiest man in Korea. They have a daughter Na-Mi (Kim Hyo-Jin) and a son Cheol (On Joo-Wan). Due to their extreme wealth, the family wields virtually unlimited power in Korea. Their daughter Na-Mi is the only person that disagrees with her family's actions.
Meanwhile, CEO Yoon did not marry Geum-Ok because of love, but rather because of her wealth. For virtually his entire life he has worked for Geum-Ok and her father. Throughout this time, CEO Yoon has felt humiliated. Now, CEO Yoon wants to leave Geum-Ok and her family. Yoon is in love with their Filipino housemaid Eva (Maui Taylor) and wants to spend the rest of his life with her. Geum-Ok has no doubt that she will have her husband back.
After CEO Yoon leaves, Young-Jak takes over his role in the family. He too soon becomes addicted to the taste of money ...
- Filming began on October 26, 2011 and finished on January 22, 2012. Shooting took place in South Korea and the Philippines.
- Connections between Im Sang-Soo's prior film "The Housemaid" and "The Taste of Money".
- Actress Yoon Yeo-Jung appears in both films, but plays head housemaid in "The Housemaid" and the mother in "The Taste of Money."
- Kim Hyo-Jin plays Na-Mi in "The Taste of Money," which is the same name of the young daughter Na-Mi played by Ahn Seo-Hyun in "The Housemaid".
- Actress Hwang Jung-Min appears in both films. She plays Eun-Yi's (the housemaid) friend in "The Housemaid" and the personal assistant to the wheelchair bound grandfather in "The Taste of Money".
- References to the "The Housemaid" in the "The Taste of Money."
- Kim Hyo-Jin as Na-Mi tells her mother "... remember the maid that burned herself mother? We shouldn't treat people like that."
- In one scene in "The Taste of Money," the family's home theater system is shown playing the movie "The Housemaid."
Additional Cast Members:
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers