Current user rating: 90/100 (166 votes)
Mu Myeong (Cho Seung-Woo) is a Joseon dynasty headhunter who meets and falls in love with lady Ja Yeong (Soo-Ae) who will become the future Empress Myseongseong. A few years later, Ja Yeong enters the royal palace to marry King Gojong. Mu Myeong still having feelings for Ja Yeong and in an attempt to get closer to her becomes her personal body guard.
Ja Yeong, now as the Queen of Joseon, becomes involved in a power struggle with Russia and Japan who are attempting to colonize Korea. Furthermore, King Gojong's father (Cheon Ho-Jin), who wields true power in Joseon, works with the foreign interests which causes Ja Yeong to stand up to him and the foreign diplomats. The king's father then gives his implicit approval for the Japanese to assassinate Queen Je Yeong. Mu Myeong must now fend off these threats to protect the woman he loves ...
- "The Sword With No Name" is based on the real historical figure Empress Myseongseong, but her relationship with Mu Myeong is fictional.
- Mu Myeong means literally "no name" or "no light" in Korean. The fictional character named "Mu Myeong" played by Cho Seung-Woo is an assassin without a name.
- Actor Cho Seung-Woo was unavailable during the movie's promotional events due to his mandatory 2 year enrollment in the South Korean military.
- "The Sword With No Name" opened #2 at the South Korean box office selling 192,907 tickets on 510 screens (24.7% of all ticket sales) during its opening September 25th - September 27th weekend.
- Through its theatrical run "The Sword With No Name" sold a total of 1,681,638 tickets and stayed in the weekend top ten for 5 consecutive weeks.
Additional Cast Members:
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers