Current user rating: 91/100 (115 votes)
- Movie: The Sun
- Romaji: Taiyo
- Japanese: 太陽
- Director: Yu Irie
- Writer: Tomohiro Maekawa (orignal play & screenplay), Yu Irie
- Producer: Hitoshi Endo, Go Kobayashi, Takeshi Sawa
- Cinematographer: Ryuto Kondo
- Release Date: April 23, 2016
- Runtime: 129 min.
- Genre: Drama / Sci-Fi
- Distributor: Kadokawa Pictures
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
Set in the early 21st century with the population decimated by bio terror. Two kinds of humans now exist. One is the Nokusu who were infected with a virus but survived, consequently they carry an antibody. Most are young, healthy and have high intelligence, but they have a high sensitivity to ultraviolet rays and are active mostly during the night. The other group are the Kyurio. They survived by never having the virus. The Nokusu discriminates against the Kyurio.
Tetsuhiko Okudera (Ryunosuke Kamiki) is a Kyurio. He was born in a poor village. He isn't happy with being a Kyurio and wishes he could be a Nokusu. Yui Ikuta (Mugi Kadowaki) is Tetsuhiko’s childhood friend. She tries to revive the poor village.
- Based on the theatrical play "Taiyo,” written and directed by Tomohiro Maekawa.
Additional Cast Members:
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers