Current user rating: 85/100 (16 votes)
- Movie: The Shell Collector
- Romaji: Sheru Korekuta
- Japanese: シェル・コレクター
- Director: Yoshifumi Tsubota
- Writer: Anthony Doerr (novel), Kaori Sawai, Yoshifumi Tsubota
- Producer: Eric Nyari, Yuji Sadai, Hisami Kuroiwa
- Cinematographer: Akiko Ashizawa
- Release Date: February 27, 2016
- Runtime: 89 min.
- Genre: Drama / Fantasy
- Distributor: Bitters End
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan / U.S.
Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki Staff ©
A blind man (Lily Franky) works as a conchology scholar. He became attracted to the beauty and mystery of shells and then devoted himself to the field of conchology. He is now a world-renowned expert in the study of shells.
The scholar lives separately from his wife and child. He lives a peaceful, but solitary existence picking shells alone on a remote island in Okinawa. One day, a female painter, Izumi (Shinobu Terajima), appears in front of the blind scholar. The woman suffers from a rare disease. The scholar is able to treat the woman's disease by using poisons from certain shells. Word of the miraculous treatment spreads and more people gather on Koto Island to receive treatment. The scholar's peaceful days are thrown into chaos.
- Based on novel "The Shell Collector: a story collection" by Anthony Doerr (published February 1, 2002 by Scribner).
- Filming takes place in Okinawa Prefecture, Japan and is scheduled to finsh February, 2015.
Additional Cast Members:
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers