Current user rating: 94/100 (44 votes)
- Movie: The Scythian Lamb (English title) / Sheep's Tree (literal title)
- Romaji: Hitsuji no Ki
- Japanese: 羊の木
- Director: Daihachi Yoshida
- Writer: Tatsuhiko Yamagami (writer), Mikio Igarashi (illustrator)
- World Premiere: October, 2017 (Busan IFF)
- Release Date: February 3, 2018
- Distributor: Asmik Ace Entertainment
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
6 strangers move into the decaying port city of Uobuka and the city clerk Hajime Tsukisue (Ryo Nishikido) receives an order to accept them. Around this time, Fumi (Fumino Kimura), who graduated from the same high school as Hajime, comes back to Uobuka. Something seems amiss about the 6 strangers. They act uncomfortably and do not look normal. They also have a suspicious companion.
Hajime learns more shocking details about the 6 strangers. These strangers are ex-prisoners who all committed murder. Due to a new parole system, the 6 prisoners are relocated to Uobuka. The residents are not supposed to know about their criminal backgrounds, but the residents' lives begin to change due to the strangers.
- Based on the manga series "Hitsuji no Ki" written by Tatsuhiko Yamagami & illustrated by Mikio Igarashi (published from 2011 to 2014 in bi-weekly Japanese seinen manga magazine Evening).
- Filming begins October, 2016.
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers