Current user rating: 91/100 (20 votes)
Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki Staff ©
On a winter day, a young man's body is found on the grounds of a high-rise building in Arakawa, Tokyo. It appears he fell off a high rise floor. His face is crushed and it is impossible to identify him. Detective Tatsuo Yoshida (Akira Terao) goes to the accident scene and investigates. As his investigation begins with interviewing tenants in the apartment complex, three more bodies are found in Apartment 2025. The bodies are of a middle-aged man, middle-aged woman and an old woman. They were brutally murdered. The criminal investigation team believes that the four dead persons are family members who reside in Apartment 2025, but their sex and ages does not correspond to the resident list for the apartment. The criminal investigation team becomes confused . Who are the four dead people and why did they get murdered in that apartment?
Two strangers, who are not residents of the apartment complex, were caught on CCTV in the elevator of the apartment complex around the estimated time of the deaths. No other clues are found about the identity of the two strangers, but an appearance by an unexpected person reveals the truth behind the mysterious case.
- Based on novel "Riyuu" by Miyuki Miyabe (published in novel format by Asahi Shimbun in May,1998).
- Novel "Riyuu" was the winner of the 120th Naoki Prize in 1999.
- TBS aired four drama specials under the name of "Miyabe Miyuki 4 shu Renzoku 'Gokuzo' Mystery" during May, 2012. The four drama specials in the series are:
- The Reason | Riyuu (TBS / 2012)
- Sunakugari (TBS / 2012)
- Nagai Nagai Satsujin (2007) *edited to 95 minutes
- Level 7 | Reberu 7 (TBS / 2012)
- Related titles:
- The Reason | Riyu (2004)
Additional Cast Members:
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers