Current user rating: 91/100 (40 votes)
- Movie: The Quiet Family
- Revised romanization: Choyonghan Kajok
- Hangul: 조용한 가족
- Director: Kim Jee-Woon
- Assistant Director: Kim Sang-Woo
- Writer: Kim Jee-Woon
- Producer: Hwang Jae-Woo, Lee Woo-Jung, Lee Eun, Lee Mi-Yeon
- Cinematography: Jung Kwang-Suk
- Release Date: April 25, 1998
- Runtime: 99min.
- Genre: Black-Comedy
- Language: Korean
- Country: South Korea
The Kang family moves to the countryside to open a lodge on a remote mountain. The family then becomes anxious and restless awaiting for the very first customer. When their first customer finally arrives, the family is incredibly excited, but their excitement is only short lived. The man came to the remote mountain to commit suicide & he does so with the help of his room key. The next day, the family decides to quietly bury the man near the lodge to avoid any bad publicity for their new business. Will the Kangs' fortune turn for the better?
- "The Quiet Family" screened on 42 screens in 1998 and sold a total 343,946 tickets in the Seoul region. The movie came in #6 for domestic films in 1998.
- "The Quiet Family" was remade into the 2002 film "The Happiness of the Katakuris" by Takashi Miike.
Additional Cast Members:
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers