Current user rating: 95/100 (15 votes)
- Movie: The Next Generation PatLabor / The Next Generation PatLabor Chapter 1
- Romaji: The Next Generation PatLabor
- Japanese: THE NEXT GENERATION ‐パトレイバー
- Director: Mamoru Oshii
- Writer: Masami Yuki (manga), Mamoru Oshii, Kei Yamamura
- Release Date: April 5, 2014
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki Staff ©
In the year of 2013 in Tokyo, Japan. Due to a long running depression, Labors, which are robots used in construction, are fired. The Division 1 of "Patlabor" is also dispersed. Patlabors are used by the Tokyo Metropolitan Police to combat crime. Division 2 of the next generation survives under a pretext of holding experience for Labor operations. Division 2 struggles to survive though.
- Based on manga series "Kido Keisatsu Patoreiba" by Masami Yuki (published from 1988 to 1994 by Weekly Shonen Sunday).
- "The Next Generation PatLabor Chapter 1" is the first film in a series of 8 films for "The Next Generation PatLabor" franchise. Chapters 2-7 will be released throughout 2014 with running times of 48 minutes and the final film (as of yet untitled) will be released Golden Week, 2015 in Japan.
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers