Current user rating: 84/100 (22 votes)
- Movie: The Mourner (literal title)
- Romaji: Itamu Hito
- Japanese: 悼む人
- Director: Yukihiko Tsutsumi
- Writer: Arata Tendo (novel), Sumio Omori
- Cinematographer: Daiske Soma
- Release Date: February 14, 2015
- Runtime: 138 min.
- Genre: Drama
- Distributor: Toei
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
Shizuto Sakatsuki (Kengo Kora) is a mourner. He goes to scenes of accidents and mourns for the victims. Yukiyo Nagi (Yuriko Ishida), who killed her husband and served prison time, goes to the scene of the murder and meets Shizuto. She follows him from that time.
Other people that exists in their lives are Shizuto’s mother Junko who is terminally ill with cancer and waits for Shizuto’s return, his younger sister Mishio who is pregnant by her now ex-boyfriend and a magazine reporter who chases after Shizuto. The movie examines life and death, love and hate and sin and forgiveness through these characters.
- Based on the novel "Itamu Hito" by Arata Tendo (published from October, 2006 to September, 2008 in Novel Magazine Oru Yomimono).
- Novel was awarded the 140th Naoki Prize in 2008
- A stage play version was staged in 2012 with the main character Shizuto Sakatsuki played by Osamu Mukai. Yukihiko Tsutsumi also directed the stage play and Sumio Omori wrote the stage play version.
Additional Cast Members:
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers