Current user rating: 96/100 (110 votes)
- Movie: The Magic Hour
- Romaji: Za Majikku Awa
- Japanese: ザ・マジックアワー
- Director: Koki Mitani
- Writer: Koki Mitani
- Executive Producers: Takashi Ishihara , Kenji Shimizu, Minami Ichikawa
- Producer: Chihiro Kameyama, Yoshinari Shimatani
- Cinematographer: Hideo Yamamoto
- Release Date: June 7, 2008
- Runtime : 136 min.
- Genre: Comedy / Gangster / Filmmaking
- Studio: Fuji TV
- Distributor: Toho
- Country: Japanese
- Language: Japan
Bingo (Satoshi Tsumabuki) has stolen away the girlfriend (Eri Fukatsu) of his crime syndicate boss (Toshiyuki Nishida), and now he faces an ultimatum: find him a legendary assassin named Della Togashi, or die. But time is running out and Della’s whereabouts remain moot. As a desperate measure, Bingo decides to hire a failing actor, Taiki Murata (Koichi Sato) to play the part of the elusive assassin. Believing he’ll be starring in an epic gangster film in the role of his life, Taiki comes to the port town of Sucago, where the film is to be shot. In his attempt to convince his boss that he has found Della Togashi, Bingo inadvertently winds up indenturing Taiki into the service of the town’s crime syndicate just as it prepares for a major gang war.
- The fictional port town of "Sucago," used as the backdrop of the movie, was built entirely at Toho Studio. Eventually taking up over five studios at the Toho Studios,
- The “magic hour” is a film term referring to a brief period of time between dusk and nightfall when the most beautiful footage can be shot. Spanning the time when the sun has dropped below the horizon to the moment when the last lingering rays are blotted out by darkness, it is the world bathed in an ethereally pale light.
Additional Cast Members:
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers