Current user rating: 88/100 (114 votes)
- Movie: The Last Princess / Hidden Forest: The Last Princess
- Romaji: Kakushi toride no san akunin - The last princess
- Japanese: 隠し砦の三悪人
- Director: Shinji Higuchi
- Writer: Kazuki Nakashima
- Producer: Morio Amagi, Minami Ichikawa, Akihiro Yamauchi
- Cinematography: Shoji Ebara
- Release Date: May 10, 2008
- Runtime: 118 min.
- Studio: Toho, NTV, Shogakukan Productions
- Distributor: Toho
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
Makabe Rokurota (Hiroshi Abe), a loyal retainer of Princess Yuki-hime (Masami Nagasawa), has been commissioned to transport Yuki-hime and Akizuki's ample treasury of gold bars safely to the politically stable Hayakawa. They disguise themselves as humble firewood peddlers, hiding the gold bars inside the logs they are carrying so as to pass safely through roadblocks set up by Yamana, which is under the control of Takayama Gyobu (Kippei Shiina), whose attire bears a striking resemblance to that of Darth Vader.
Along the way, Rokurota comes across Takezo (Jun Matsumoto) and Shimpachi (Daisuke Miyagawa), who have escaped from forced labor in a gold mine. Takezo and Shimpachi first frown on joining the journey, but eventually agree to help out in the hope of escaping Yamana's oppression and cashing in on the gold reward Rokurota offers them.
- Remake of Akira Kurosawa’s 1958 film "The Hidden Fortress" ("Kakushi Toride no San Akunin").
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers