The Family Game
Current user rating: 98/100 (4 votes)
- Movie: The Family Game
- Romaji: Kazoku Geemu
- Japanese: 家族ゲーム
- Director: Yoshimitsu Morita
- Writer: Yoshinori Kobayashi,Yohei Honma (novel)
- Producer: Yutaka Okada
- Cinematographer:Yonezo Maeda
- Release Date: June 4, 1983
- Runtime: 107 min.
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
A sendup of the stereo-typical Japanese family: dad is a salaryman jerk, unable to relate to anyone; mom is a hopeless housewife; the older son is a moderate academic success; but the younger son is a rebellious goof-off for whom a tutor must be hired. The tutor, played by the prototypical bad-boy actor Matsuda Yusaku, proceeds to blow the entire family apart.
- Based on the novel "Kazoku Gemu" by Yohei Honma (published in 1982 by Shueisha Inc.).
- Related titles:
- The Family Game | Kazoku Geemu (1983)
- The Family Game | Kazoku Gemu (Fuji TV / 2013)
- Yusaku Matsuda - Katsu Yoshimoto
- Juzo Itami - Kōsuke Numata
- Saori Yuki - Chikako Numata
- Ichirota Miyagawa - Shigeyuki Numata
- Junichi Tsujita - Shinichi Numata, the older brother