Current user rating: 40/100 (206 votes)
- Movie: The Drug King (English & literal title)
- Revised romanization: Mayakwang
- Hangul: 마약왕
- Director: Woo Min-Ho
- Writer: Lee Ji-Min, Woo Min-Ho
- Producer: Kim Jin-Woo
- Cinematographer: Ko Nak-Sun
- Release Date: December 19, 2018
- Runtime: 139 min.
- Genre: Crime / Drugs / Period-1970
- Distributor: Showbox
- Language: Korean
- Country: South Korea
Plot Synopsis by AsianWiki Staff ©
Set in Busan, South Korea during the 1970's, Lee Doo-Sam (Song Kang-Ho) works for a group who become involved in smuggling high priced items like gold and watches. The government then implements a crackdown. Lee Doo-Sam becomes the scapegoat for his boss and serves time in prison. When he is released, Lee Doo-Sam jumps into the business of manufacturing and distributing methamphetamine. At a party, he meets lobbyist Kim Jung-A (Bae Doo-Na) who has connections with powerful people. Kim Jung-A joins Lee Doo-Sam’s business venture. Lee Doo-Sam makes incredible profits, but he becomes restless and gets addicted to methamphetamine.
Meanwhile, Prosecutor Kim In-Goo (Cho Jung-Seok) is transferred to the Busan Prosecutors' Office. While investigating a drug case, he notices Lee Doo-Sam. He targets Lee Doo-Sam and the powerful people who took bribes from him.
- Song Kang-Ho and Cho Jung-Seok previously appeared together in 2013 film “The Face Reader.”
- Filming began May 5, 2017 and finished October 10, 2017.
Additional Cast Members:
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers