The Client (2011-Korean Movie)
Current user rating: 89/100 (95 votes)
- Movie: The Client (English title)
- Revised romanization: Uiroein
- Hangul: 의뢰인
- Director: Sohn Young-Sung
- Assistant Director: Lee Keun-Woo
- Writer: Lee Choon-Hyung, Sohn Young-Sung
- Producer: Kim Jo Kwang-Soo, Shin Chang-Kil
- Cinematographer: Choi Sang-Ho
- Release Date: September 29, 2011
- Runtime: 123 min.
- Genre: Drama / Thriller / Law
- Distributor: Showbox/Mediaplex
- Language: Korean
- Country: South Korea
On his wedding anniversary, Han Chul-Min (Jang Hyuk) drives into his apartment complex parking lot and sees a large crowd gathered by the entryway into the apartment. Chul-Min enters his apartment holding a bouquet of flowers for his wife when he sees police officers scattered about collecting evidence. Chul-Min walks into his bedroom and sees a large pool of blood on the bed. The blood is fresh enough that it is still dripping onto the floor. A police officer handcuffs Chul-Min and takes him to the police station.
Jang Ho-Won (Sung Dong-Il), a broker for attorneys, brings the case of Han Chul-Min to attorney Kang Sung-Hee (Ha Jung-Woo). He informs the attorney that the alleged murder victim's body was never discovered, the police have yet to find any direct evidence connecting Chul-Min to the murder of his wife and his arrest is all based on circumstantial evidence. Kang Sun-Hee takes the case and applies in court for a jury trial.
Prosecutor Ahn Min-Ho (Park Hee-Soon) takes charge of the Han Chul-Min murder case. He has little doubt in the guilt of Chul-Min. Confirming his suspicions he discovers that Han Chul-Min was arrested as the prime suspect in a serial murder case, but later released on insufficient evidence.
Is Han Chul-Min a cold blooded killer or the victim of a coverup? Prosecutor Ahn Min-Ho and Attorney Jang Ho-Won step into court with the fate of Han Chul-Min hanging in the balance.
- Filming began late November, 2010 and finished filming on April 1, 2011.
|Ha Jung-Woo||Park Hee-Soon||Jang Hyuk|
|Kang Sung-Hee||Ahn Min-Ho||Han Chul-Min|
|Sung Dong-Il||Jung Won-Joong||Kim Sung-Ryoung||You Da-In|
|Jang Ho-Won||Seo Jung-Ah|
|broker||chief prosecutor||paralegal||murder victim|
Additional Cast Members:
- Park Hyeok-Kwon - Detective Seo
- Joo Jin-Mo - judge
- Ye Soo-Jung - mother-in-law
- Hwang Byeng-Gug - detective in charge
- Min Bok-Gi - Professor Choi
- Yoo Soon-Woong - old man from the store
- Bae Sung-Woo - Prosecutor Park
- Yu Ha-Jun - forensic team member
- Choi Hee-Jin - blood researcher
- Choi Jong-Won - Professor Ahn
- Lee Keun-Woo - man who calls police
- Park Sung-Yeon - wife of co-worker
- 2012 (15th) Shanghai International Film Festival - June 16-24, 2012 - Asian New Talent Award
- 2012 (3rd) Korean Film Festival in Australia - August 22-September 30, 2012 - K-Mystery