Current user rating: 92/100 (38 votes)
- Movie: Tazza: The High Rollers (English title)
- Revised Romanization: Tajja
- Hangul: 타짜
- Director: Choi Dong-Hoon
- Writer: Choi Dong-Hoon, Huh Young-Man (comic)
- Producer: Seung-jae Cha, Min-hee Kim
- Cinematography: Young-hwan Choi
- Release Date: September 28, 2006 (South Korea)
- Runtime: 139 min.
- Genre: Drama
- Production Budget: US$ 5.5M
- Studio: Sidus Pictures
- Distributor: CJ Entertainment
- Language:South Korea
- Country: Korean
Goni is a man with a problem. More than a problem, really. Goni has an addiction, hard and fast, to gambling in general, and specifically hwatu, an old-as-the-hills Korean card game played with a deck of tiny, flower-blazoned cards. This wouldn’t be such a problem if Goni weren’t so embarrassingly bad at it. Cleaned out of his life savings, Goni steals more from his family and loses that too. What’s a poor kid to do? Well, when this poor kid realizes that he’s just been swindled by an organized ring of cheaters, he sets off on a quest to track them down and beat them at their own game, having first apprenticed himself to a wise old hwatu master. Enter the world of Tazza, a world where the hand is faster than the eye, where deception is the name of the game and where neither friendship nor enmity last forever.
- "Tazza: The High Rollers" is based on Huh Young-Man's popular comic book "Tazza" - about Korea's gambling subculture and its assorted denizen.
- The card game featured in the movie is known as "Hwatu" (literally "War of Flowers").
- Related titles:
- Tazza: The High Rollers | Tajja (2006)
- Tazza (SBS / 2008)
- Tazza: The Hidden Card | Tajja: Shinui Son (2014)
Additional Cast Members:
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers