Steel Cold Winter
Current user rating: 95/100 (159 votes)
- Movie: Steel Cold Winter (English title) / Girl (literal title)
- Revised romanization: Sonyeo
- Hangul: 소녀
- Director: Choi Jin-Seong
- Writer: Choi Yoon-Jin, Choi Jin-Seong
- Producer: Choi Yoon-Jin, Choi Seung-Hyun
- Cinematographer: Son Won-Ho
- World Premiere: October 4, 2013 (Busan International Film Festival)
- Release Date: November 7, 2013
- Runtime: 109min.
- Genre: Mystery / Thriller / Teen / Rural
- Distributor: CJ Entertainment
- Language: Korean
- Country: South Korea
Set within a small town on a mountain, Hae-Won (Kim Yoon-Hye) lives alone with her mentally ill father. Her father is viewed as a pariah by the other residents. Rumors also swirl around Hae-Won. She knows secrets about the other residents that others find mystifying. Hae-Won also hards a dark, terrible secret.
Yoon-Soo (Kim Shi-Hoo) blames himself for his friend's suicide. His parents decide to move from Seoul to the small mountain town. Yoon-Soo is viewed by others as the cool guy from Seoul, but he takes an interest in outcast Hae-Won. A fatal love begins.
- According to director Choi Jin-Seong's Q&A session after screening the movie at the Busan International Film Festival (attended by AsianWiki), Kim Yoon-Hye did not have any ice skating experience prior to signing up for this film. She practiced extensively for three weeks prior to filming and then performed 99% of the ice skating herself in the movie.
|Kim Shi-Hoo||Kim Yoon-Hye|
Additional Cast Members:
- Moon Chang-Kil - village foreman
- Park Jin-Woo - detective
- Jang In-Sub - Young-Jae
- Oh Hee-Joon - Hyoung-Joon
- Seo Hyun-Woo - math teacher
- Park So-Dam - Ji-Yeon
- Jung In-Gi - Hae-Won's father
- Kim Gwang-Sub - Gwang-Sub
- Gi Ju-Bong
- 2013 (18th) Busan International Film Festival - October 3-12, 2013 - New Currents *World Premiere
- 2014 (16th) Deauville Asian Film Festival - March 5-9, 2014 - Competition