Current user rating: 99/100 (5 votes)
- Movie: Starfish Hotel
- Japanese: スターフィッシュホテル
- Director: John Williams
- Assistant Director: Chukon Minami
- Writer: John Williams
- Cinematographer: Benito Strangio
- Release Date: February 3, 2007 (Japan)
- Genre: Mystery
- Distributor: Phantom Film
- Runtime: 98 min.
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
Yuichi Arisu slaves away in a cold, geometrical office everyday, in a humdrum job,
somewhere in the huge, impersonal city of Tokyo. Every night he commutes home to his
distant wife, and buries himself in the mystery novels of Jo Kuroda, a writer who has
conjured up a strange alternative universe called the Darkland.
Then, one night, Arisu’s wife disappears. The following day he falls asleep on the train on his way home and wakes in a siding to find Jo Kuroda sitting opposite him. The writer persuades Arisu to tell his own story. So begins a second story about events that took place two years ago in a snow-bound town in the far north of Japan. There, in the eerie, crumbling Starfish Hotel Arisu begins an affair with a young woman called Kayoko.
- Grand Prix Cinénygma (Best Film) – Luxembourg International Film Festival (2006)
- Best Art Direction (Jury Award) – Austin Fantastic Fest (2006)
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers