Sprout - Japanese Drama
Current user rating: 94/100 (747 votes)
- Drama: Sprout
- Romaji: Supurauto
- Japanese: スプラウト
- Director: Kentaro Moriya, Hayato Kawai, Kojiro Hashimoto
- Writer: Atsuko Nanba (manga), Yuko Matsuda
- Network: NTV
- Episodes: 12
- Release Date: July 7 - September 29, 2012
- Runtime: Saturdays. 24:50
- Language: Japanese
- Country: Japan
3 months ago. Miku (Aoi Morikawa) became sick and couldn't do anything, but sit on the stairs of a playground at her school. At that time, a male student took her to the school infirmary. Miku fell in love with the boy, even though she never saw his face. The only thing Miku can recall of the boy is the touch of his hand. Miku believes that boy is part of her fate.
One day, Miku goes into a classroom and sees a male student and female student kiss. Her eyes meets the eyes of the boy. Later, her friends tell her that popular male student Sohei (Yuri Chinen) is looking for her. Sohei then comes to see her and tells her that he will be staying at her home. Back at her home, Miku complains to her parents that she doesn't want strangers staying with them, but plans have already been made. Miku's father is retired and this is a source of income for their family. Besides Sohei, three other people will stay in their home which will now double as a boarding home. The next day, Sohei moves into Miku's house and Sohei's friend Hayato (Jesse Lewis) comes to her house to help Sohei. Miku is surprised to make the connection that Hayato is the boy she saw kissing in the classroom. The other two people moving in is a female college student and a male college student. Miku isn't happy with the situation at all.
At school, Miku asks Sohei to keep their living arrangement a secret. Miku knows that Sohei is the most popular boy at school and she doesn't want to become a target of the other female students.
One day, Miku becomes incredibly upset. Sohei uses her cup, the male college student breaks her favorite bell and the female college student eats her ice bar without asking. She says at the dinner table that she didn't want to live with the others and leaves. Suddenly, Sohei excuses himself and rides a bicycle to his mom's house. It takes him more than 2 hours to get there. Late at night, Miku finds Sohei laying down on the wooden floor. She also finds a new bell hanging on the ceiling. Sohei tells her that he went to his mother's to retrieve that bell. Miku knows how far away Sohei lives and feels sorry for the way she acted. She tries to make things up by getting water for him, but she trips and falls. Sohei reaches out and Miku grabs his hand. At this moment, Miku realizes that Sohei is the one who carried her to the infirmary. Fate? The next morning, Miku finds a girl named Miyuki (Fujiko Kojima) in her garden. Miyuki asks to see Sohei and Sohei opens a window and shouts out that Miyuki is his girlfriend.
- Based on the manga series "Sprout" by Atsuko Nanba (first published in book form January 13, 2006 by Kodansha Ltd.).
- Yuri Chinen - Sohei Narahashi
- Aoi Morikawa - Miku Ikenochi
- Fujiko Kojima - Miyuki Ozawa
- Jesse Lewis - Hayato Katagiri
- Ryosuke Hashimoto - Naoji Takigawa
- Mayuko Kawakita - Kiyoka Taniyama
- Kentaro Yasui - Arata Kimijima
- Juri Tanaka - Takeshi Umino
- Ami Maeshima - Ami Uehara
- Shuka Fujii - Fumiko Hasumi
- Yuta Jinguji - Wataru Katagiri
- Yuu Kikkawa - Haruka Hayase
- Shintaro Yamada - Seiji Okunuki
- Keisuke Horibe - Tsuyoshi Ikenouchi
- Ritsuko Tanaka - Hiroko Ikenouch
- Moe Sasaki