Current user rating: 85/100 (465 votes)
- Movie: Soar Into The Sun (English title) / R2B: Return To Base (English & literal title)
- Revised romanization: R2B: Riteontu Beyiseu
- Hangul: R2B: 리턴투베이스
- Director: Kim Dong-Won
- Writer: Kim Dong-Won, Lee Man-Hee
- Producer: Jang Tae-Gon, Park Sung-Geun, Kim Dong-Won, Shim Moon-Bo, Choi A-Ram
- Cinematographer: Kim Hyo-Jin
- Release Date: August 15, 2012
- Runtime: 113 min.
- Genre: Action / War
- Production Company: CJ Entertainment
- Distributor: CJ Entertainment
- Language: Korean
- Country: South Korea
Tae-Hoon (Rain) is the youngest member of the elite flight team "Black Eagles," which consists of Korea's top combat pilots. Tae-Hoon is gifted pilot, but he is also a troublemaker, filled with curiosity and playfulness. One day, when the team puts on an exhibition at an air show, he ruins the exhibition. Afterwards, Tae-Hoon is kicked out of the "Black Eagles" and transferred to the 21 combat flight unit, which is led by Dae-Seo. Tae-Hoon begins to rely on Dae-Seo like a real older brother. Meanwhile, Tae-Hoon finds himself at odds with Cheol-Hee, who is rigid, and thought of as the best pilot in the 21 combat flight unit. Tae-Hoon prepares to take on Cheol-Hee in a flight contest. Tae-Hoon asks head of maintenance Se-Young (Shin Se-Kyung) for help. Then, up in the sky in Yeouido, an unidentified fighter plane appears, and Tae-Hoon, Dae-Seo, Yoo-Jin and Seok-Hyun must make a sortie.....
- Remake of the 1964 Korean movie "Red Scarf" ("Balgan Mahura").
- The movie's Korean title has changed multiple times prior to its release. Early working title was "Haneulye Sanda" (literally "live in the sky"), then "Red Muffler," then "Bisang: Taeyangkakkayi" (literally "Soar: Close to the Sun"), then "R2B: Return to Base".
- Actor Rain choose the movie as his last work before fulfilling his military obligation.
- Movie is supported by the air force & will commemorate the 60th anniversary of the Korean War.
- Budget is 10,000,000,000 won.
- Filming began March 15, 2011 and finished September 23, 2011.
- "R2B: Return To Base" sold to 30 countries including, England, Germany, France, Switzerland, Belgium, Austria, Canada, Thiland, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Brunei, Monaco, India, Turkey & Mongolia.
- Movie received a limited release in the United States & Canada under the title of "R2B: Return To Base" from August 24, 2012. Movie screened in Los Angeles, San Diego, Seattle, Dallas, Atlanta, Chicago, Philadelphia, New Jersey, New York, Washington D.C., Honolulu, Vancouver and Toronoto.
- Movie screened at the 2012 Busan International Film Festival under the English title of "Soar Into The Sun" in October, 2012.
Additional Cast Members:
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers