Current user rating: 89/100 (367 votes)
- Movie: Soar Into The Sun (English title) / R2B: Return To Base (English & literal title)
- Revised romanization: R2B: Riteontu Beyiseu
- Hangul: R2B: 리턴투베이스
- Director: Kim Dong-Won
- Writer: Kim Dong-Won
- Producer: Jang Tae-Gon, Park Sung-Geun, Kim Dong-Won, Shim Moon-Bo, Choi A-Ram
- Cinematographer: Kim Hyo-Jin
- Release Date: August 15, 2012
- Runtime: 113 min.
- Genre: Action / War
- Production Company: CJ Entertainment
- Distributor: CJ Entertainment
- Language: Korean
- Country: South Korea
Tae-Hoon (Rain) is the youngest member of the elite flight team "Black Eagles," which consists of Korea's top combat pilots. Tae-Hoon is gifted pilot, but he is also a troublemaker, filled with curiosity and playfulness. One day, when the team puts on an exhibition at an air show, he ruins the exhibition. Afterwards, Tae-Hoon is kicked out of the "Black Eagles" and transferred to the 21 combat flight unit, which is led by Dae-Seo. Tae-Hoon begins to rely on Dae-Seo like a real older brother. Meanwhile, Tae-Hoon finds himself at odds with Cheol-Hee, who is rigid, and thought of as the best pilot in the 21 combat flight unit. Tae-Hoon prepares to take on Cheol-Hee in a flight contest. Tae-Hoon asks head of maintenance Se-Young (Shin Se-Kyung) for help. Then, up in the sky in Yeouido, an unidentified fighter plane appears, and Tae-Hoon, Dae-Seo, Yoo-Jin and Seok-Hyun must make a sortie.....
- Remake of the 1964 Korean movie "Red Scarf" ("Balgan Mahura").
- The movie's Korean title has changed multiple times prior to its release. Early working title was "Haneulye Sanda" (literally "live in the sky"), then "Red Muffler," then "Bisang: Taeyangkakkayi" (literally "Soar: Close to the Sun"), then "R2B: Return to Base".
- Actor Rain choose the movie as his last work before fulfilling his military obligation.
- Movie is supported by the air force & will commemorate the 60th anniversary of the Korean War.
- Budget is 10,000,000,000 won.
- Filming began March 15, 2011 and finished September 23, 2011.
- "R2B: Return To Base" sold to 30 countries including, England, Germany, France, Switzerland, Belgium, Austria, Canada, Thiland, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Brunei, Monaco, India, Turkey & Mongolia.
- Movie received a limited release in the United States & Canada under the title of "R2B: Return To Base" from August 24, 2012. Movie screened in Los Angeles, San Diego, Seattle, Dallas, Atlanta, Chicago, Philadelphia, New Jersey, New York, Washington D.C., Honolulu, Vancouver and Toronoto.
- Movie screened at the 2012 Busan International Film Festival under the English title of "Soar Into The Sun" in October, 2012.
Additional Cast Members:
| Latest News
|| Latest Trailers
|* Tori Matsuzaka, Aoi Nakamura & Tao Tsuchiya cast in TBS drama SP "Library Wars: Book Of Memories"
|* Atsuko Maeda cast in NTV live-action drama "Dokonjo Gaeru"
|* Tomoya Nagase & Ryunosuke Kamiki cast in movie "Too Young To Die!"
|* Mariya Nishiuchi, Shohei Miura, Katsunori Takahashi cast in TBS drama "Hotel Concierge"
|* Taishi Nakagawa & Maika Yamamoto cast in Fuji TV live-action drama "Minami kun no Koibito: My Little Lover"
|* see list of winners and nominees for the "2015 (51st) PaekSang Arts Awards"
|* Akari Hayami cast in Fuji TV live-action drama "Ms. Koizumi Loves Ramen Noodles"
|* Toshiaki Karasawa & Kumiko Aso cast in TBS drama "Napoleon's Village"
|* Masataka Kubota, Kento Yamazaki, Mio Yuki cast in NTV live-action drama "Death Note"
|* Emi Takei cast in TV Asahi drama "Age Harassment"
|* Kim Young-Kwang cast in JTBC drama "D-Day"
|* Lee Chun-Hee, Choi Won-Young, Park Bo-Gum cast in KBS2 drama "Hello Monster"
|* Akira, Chiaki Kuriyama, Ryuta Sato cast in Fuji TV drama "Heat"
|* Park Hae-Jin cast in drama "Cheese in the Trap"
|* Kotaro Koizumi & Tetsuya Takeda cast in WOWOW drama "Death's Organ"
|* Hyeri, Ryoo Hye-Young, Ko Gyung-Pyo, Park Bo-Gum cast in tvN drama "Reply 1988"
|* Hiroki Narimiya cast in NTV drama "Hanasaki Mai Speaks Out 2"
|* Gong Yoo cast in movie "Secret Agent"